- Using the same method name but with different argument is called overloading.
- Constructors can also be overloaded
- Overloaded methods must have different argument set.
- Overloaded methods may have different return type.
- Overloaded methods may have different access modifier.
- Overloaded methods may throw different exception broader or narrow no restriction
- Methods from super class can also be overloaded in subclass.
- Polymorphism applies to overriding not Overloading
- Which overloaded method will be invoked is decided on compile time on the basis of reference type.
Trackback from your site.