String Cheat sheet for Quick Revision
- String Object is used for holding String of text.
- Part of java.lang package.
- Strings can be added by using concatenation Operator(+).
- Characters use single quotes(‘ ‘) as delimiter while Strings use double quotes(” “) as delimiters.
- String objects are immutable. Value of the string object can not be changed once assigned.
- String class is final means method of the String class can not be overriden.
- All String literals are added to String pool by JVM.
- String have method length() while Array have a property length to check the length.
- To overcome the immutable property of String StringBuffer and StringBuilder comes into picture.