Salient Point of SortedMap
- This interface is the map analog of SortedSet.
- IT provides ordering on its keys.
- Sorted criteria would be to natural order or Comparator provided at the time of creation.
- Keys used in it must implement Comparable or accept the specified comparator.
- Keys in this map need to be mutually comparable.
- Map interface equals method is used to compare two keys while in SortedMap compare/ compareTo method (from Comparable or Comparator) is used.
Constructor that needs to be implemented by the concrete class
- No-Arg Constructor
- Constructor with a single argument of Comparator.
- Constructor with a single argument as Map.
- Constructor with a single argument as SortedMap.
- SortedMap is the part of Java Collection Framework.
Important Method in SortedMap Interface
- subMap(K fromKey, K toKey): Returns a view of the portion of this map whose elements range from fromElement, inclusive, to toElement, exclusive.
- headMap(K toKey): Returns a view of the portion of this map whose elements are strictly less than toElement.
- tailMap(K fromKey): Returns a view of the portion of this map whose elements are greater than or equal to fromElement.